Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Recipe Series: Millionaire Pie

IMG_2195

Now that summer is upon us, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite, easy, summer staple recipes. The first is SO easy...it seriously takes 5 minutes and you get not one, but two pies! My Aunt Mary gave me this recipe a few years back, and it quickly became one of my faves. It's so light and creamy...perfect for summer (or anytime really)!

Millionaire Pie

1 large tub Cool Whip

1 can crushed pineapple, drained

1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk

2 ready-made graham cracker pie crusts

Juice of one lemon

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, divide between the two crusts, chill and...VOILA. Seriously, it's so easy. Just don't forget the lemon juice, or it won't set, and for some reason she told me it needs to be "Eagle" brand for the sweetened condensed milk. And you can add nuts if you'd like, either to the filling or sprinkled on top for garnish.

Enjoy!

No comments: