Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fun Finds

The boys and I were in Rockford last night and decided to visit my grandma for breakfast. Her signature breakfast is homemade biscuits and chocolate gravy. She's made this as long as I can remember. We all call it "chocolate-n-biscuits." IMG_0647 Anyway, there was an added bonus of her having a garage sale today(actually my uncle helping). I come from a long line of thrifters. I'm not sure if that's a word, so in case it's not, what I mean to say is it is in our genes to shop at garage sales / thrift shops / estate sales, etc. for great buys. And then a lot of it somehow ends up at my grandma's..it becomes the centralized "bargain bin" for our family (which is large...my mom is one of nine). :-) As I was perusing, I found some great stuff. And, of course, when I tried to pay, my money was rejected! Gotta love grandmas. So, I became the proud owner of the below treasures for free. This is my favorite kind of shopping. If I had the time and energy, I would really enjoy buying and selling second hand things. In fact, there's not much in my house that I purchased when it was new! The danger, though, is collecting a bunch of stuff you don't really need. Technically, all of the below falls into that category, but I just couldn't resist. It's in my blood. :-) IMG_0691 IMG_0690 IMG_0689 IMG_0688

1 comment:

la la Lovely said...

What fun finds....and chocolate and bisquits.. wow.. that sounds like a killer combo! I didn't know Becky was painting.. I'll have to keep that in mind. The trim just got finished today and I cannot wait to get back into my room.. I've been out of it for 2 1/2 weeks now :) Enjoy the nice weather!!!