Sunday, February 8, 2009

Basic Crepes

When I was young, I remember my mom using her little crepe maker to make chicken crepes pretty regularly for dinner. I always loved them, and then when I went to France and tried authentic crepes, I loved them even more. When I tried them there I had the ever-popular and standard Nutella crepe, and had been craving another ever since. On the way to San Francisco I purchased the latest Martha Stewart Living magazing for the flight and they had a basic crepe recipe that peaked my interest. Then, while in Frisco, we had brunch at a creperie - part of our order being a crepe with Nutella. So, when I got home, I was anxious to try my hand and see how they turned out.
I'm happy to say they turned out pretty well! I'm interested in trying other varieties as well, but the Nutella was a hit around here, especially with Caleb...he couldn't get enough! I'll definitely make them again. Here's a link to the recipe, if your interested. I would recommend reading the "how to" link as well. I didn't strain the batter as it suggests, but I did follow the other instructions pretty closely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look delicious. I actually have a crepe maker and will have to try them again. I love Caleb's face!
love ya,
Sandi