Wednesday, June 10, 2009

True Story

So, the other day it rained and Dan noticed all my newly bloomed peonies were lying on the ground. He thoughtfully cut some and placed them in my new vase (75% off at Target!). As I looked, I couldn't help but notice the resemblance to the painting above...pretty similar! The weird thing is, I LOVE this painting (real painting on canvas that I got at a garage sale for $1!), but I never even noticed it was peonies! And doesn't the vase look similar, too?

I know I'm a nerd for even posting this, but I just thought it was weird (in a good way). :-)

IMG_2660

4 comments:

Erica said...

I love your new vase. Beautiful!
There is a striking resemblance. I can't believe you got that painting for a $1!!!
Love,
Erica
PS-I was doing some major weeding yesterday and because of your blog, I identified Columbine flowers in the garden. It's a good thing because I was pulling up everything! :-) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It is weird how closely your vase of peonies resembles your $1 picture! Both are beautiful! I think it is very special that Dan noticed your flowers were on the ground and took the time to cut them for you! Really sweet!! Love, Ruth

Christina said...

That is so neat! I love how similar these look! Is that picture from the garage sale on your parent's street that we went to forever ago? You have bargain shopping in your blood--and you're so good at it!

Shannan Martin said...

No WAY!!! That truly is the same painting. And I always thought *mine* was an original. Ha! Your frame is even the same...with the little scallops etched around the edges. Mine was covered in that goldish paint stuff, but I picked it all off (it was almost like gold paper), thinking I would paint it white. Once it was off, I fell in love with the natural, banged up wood. The only difference I can see is that mine is so super faded compared to yours! Oh, and I bought mine for $20 nearly 10 years ago at an antiques store. You definitely got the Deal. :)