Friday, October 30, 2009

Beautiful Life Friday

I love this idea. Taking a minute to reflect on something beautiful from your week. This week was a little tough. Nothing major; just the day-to-day wearing on me. Feeling a little bit like I am going in too many directions sometimes. I work part-time (which is really full-time) in corporate america and I think I'm good at my job, but it can be a little consuming mentally sometimes. My husband's uncle e-mailed him a quote this week that said this:

"My greatest fear is not failure; it is succeeding at something that does not matter."-Author Unknown

That hits home with me lately. I want to be good at the things that really matter. Like a good wife, mom, daughter, friend, sister....I worry about failing in these areas.

But, in the midst of my stress, I found beauty in the picture below of my oldest son taking in the colors of the season. Looking at it just makes me step back from everything else and appreciate the things I've been rushing past. The things God has blessed me with.

What you can't see in this picture (which was taken in my bedroom) are the unmade bed and piles of clothes that also fill this room. But, sometimes it's all about perspective. Looking past the things that don't matter and focusing on the ones that do.

IMG_8143 Ok, that might have been a little heavy for a Friday night! Check out some other "beautiful" posts over at the Inspired Room's Beautiful Life Friday.

7 comments:

Erica said...

Hi Sara,
This picture of Gabe is precious, and I love your honesty about what's also in the room. Sometimes I aim for perfection, which is impossible, and I know I miss out on important things. It is all about perspective. Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your point about perspective!

Even with all the "stuff" behind you, focusing on the beautiful, touching things before you brings a wonderful peace and liberty. :)

Christina said...

Ooh, I love this, Sara. How beautiful. This picture of Gabe is really precious. I love his loooooong lashes and those bright fall colors. Gorgeous! I definitely agree, I feel like I always rush through my days trying to get things done and pushing the things that really matter aside. Thanks for the reminder!
Love,
Christina

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very calming. I agree that moments like that help a person get centered. Happy Halloween!

Quirky Cottage Owners said...

Your willingness to be so transparent is appreciated. We women wear so many hats and put so many expectations upon ourselves.
Being able to stop and find peace and beauty in a moment is really a gift -- for you and for those who love you.

Sara said...

Thank you all for your kind words! Hope you have a wonderful week. I'm trying to keep "perspective" as I head into another Monday and another week. Lots to be thankful for!