Sunday, October 18, 2009

You-Can-Do-It-If-You-Try Window Treatments

It's no secret how much I love ideas from Jenny over at the Little Green Notebook. If SHE knew, she'd likely issue some type of cyber restraining order. Truly.

But, I couldn't pass up the chance to participate in her most recent post on pelmet boxes. She made these adorable pink ones for her girls' room using foam board, badding, L brackets and a little tape to hold it all together! How cute is this:

{image via Little Green Notebook}

And her tutorial is here. She's asked folks to share their own DIY pelmet box ideas, and I happened to have done some a couple of years ago with none other than.........foam board and tape! Worked like a charm. The fabric was an upholstery-type fabric I picked up at IKEA maybe 3 years ago? I was going to use it to recover some dining room chairs, but changed my mind. I LOVE this fabric and still have a whole bunch of it...what to do...what to do...

(excuse these photos; I took them tonight and the lighting was not great!)

Picnik collage IMG_7870 IMG_7871

And I can't help but share another of her tutorials on these DIY roman shades; I'll definitely be trying this one. Thanks, Jenny!

{image via Little Green Notebook}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your Pelmet Box idea - simple yet effective. Can you give your instructions?