Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall Recipe Series: Heather's Pizza Soup

The weather has changed and I thought maybe I'd post some of my favorite cool weather recipes. My friend Heather gave me this soup recipe a while back; it's REALLY good and very easy to put together. I'm thinking this is on our menu for this cool fall day!

Here's the recipe (lifted from her blog - thanks, Feather! :-)).

Pizza Soup:

2 – 14 ½ oz. cans crushed tomatoes

2 - 10 ¾ oz. cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted

2 ½ C. water

3 ½ oz. sliced pepperoni, quartered

1 med. Sweet red pepper, chopped

1 med. Green pepper, chopped

1 C. sliced fresh mushrooms

2 garlic cloves, minced

½ tsp. rubbed sage

½ tsp. dried basil

½ tsp. dried oregano

Salt and pepper to taste

Garlic Bread

Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Simmer together until veggies are tender. Serve with garlic bread and cheese. You can also prepare like French onion soup with bread on top, topped with cheese and broiled. This cooks up great in a crock pot. Also, you can substitute V-8 for the amount of liquid in the tomato soup and water – about 40 oz. of V-8, and it doesn't taste any different. (Those are Heather's words / recommendations.)

Happy fall! I love this time of year.

No comments: